Ragna í New York

15. nóvember 2006

39 days till...

Quick update, I had such a good time at my party. I even took some pictures. Who knows if I'll post them later. (Read: You have to ask very, very nicely). Went with Jane to meet Madalena at this Portuguese dinner last night. Very good food (of course it was, Madalena was a part of the cooking team), Jane and I met this interesting Irish guy studying bioethics. He made interesting points and was fun to talk to so even though we barely knew anyone there, we had a good time.
Today I'm going to watch a discussion between Vaclav Havel and Bill Clinton here at Columbia. I'm one of the lucky ones that got a ticket (yes you had to reserve a ticket, for free of course). Vaclav Havel is actually visiting Columbia for the rest of the semester.

And last but not least. I was reading Asdis's blog and she was talking about the Icelandic Yule lads. Thought I'd give you guys a link to a very good source for how we Icelanders celebrate Christmas. If you don't have time to read it all, scroll down to where they talk about the Yule lads and the Christmas cat it's a fun reading.

Ef einhver mun nokkurn tí­ma lesa þetta þá má hinn sami láta mig vita. Verðlaunin eru kvöldmatur - ég splæsi. If someone will ever read this then you can let me know. You'll have to tell me were on the webpage this code is. The prize, dinner on me. Condition is that you have to know me ;)